The dark underbelly of America contains numerous warts, boils, and cancerous tumors, inflicted by that loathsome grimoire of madness that the elected leaders of our nation have become.


Well, I'm FedUp and I'm not taking it any more
!

Thursday, January 17, 2008

That Other Guy

Oh, this is fun -- not sure anyone has ever tried this before. The Edwards campaign -- which has for months felt shut out of the Dem primary by the political media's focus on Hillary and Obama -- is now resorting to black humor to draw attention to its media plight.

Camp Edwards has released a short video lampooning the media's treatment of...itself:







Perhaps main stream media will dismiss this as a stunt. And maybe it is kind of a stunt. But just to reiterate this point, for the past year now we've been hearing justifications for why the Edwards campaign doesn't deserve the same level of coverage as the two leading Dem superstar candidates. What coverage Edwards has received has all too often been marked by the kind of snide dismissiveness that A-listers at a private club might accord a serial party-crasher or second-rate celeb-impersonator.

I understand that Hillary and Obama are historic figures and that editors often have to make tough choices about how to allocate resources and so forth. And I'm not at all arguing that the media is solely to blame for the Edwards camp's problems. Just saying again that we should all admit that in a broad sense Edwards got screwed here, because, well, that's exactly what happened.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

I hope anyone who's going to take the time to vote is taking the time to research the candidates as well.

If anyone votes based on the media coverage of the candidates they are hurting America.

I hear it at work all the time, "We're voting for Hillary right?". Of course my reply is "no, the media is just telling you that you are". Of course the next thing they say is, "But the other guy is black". And I reply "half black, half white".

I set them straight by educating them by telling them that Hillary and Barack are not the only democratic candidates and follow with, "John Edwards is the only candidate that is practicing what he's preaching".

I'm glad my co-workers rely on me to do the work that is necessary to elect the best candidate possible. I take it as a compliment.

Whats even more complimentary is that they now come to me and tell me what they have learned about the candidates. They have gotten off of their asses and quit relying on mainstream media for information.

This is good for America.


Liberals got women the right to vote.

Liberals got African-Americans the right to vote.

Liberals created Social Security and lifted millions of elderly people out of poverty.

Liberals ended segregation.

Liberals passed the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act.

Liberals created Medicare.

Liberals passed the Clean Air Act and the Clean Water Act.

What did the ignorant conservatives do?

They opposed them on every one of those things.

Every damn one!

So when you try to hurl that label at my feet, 'Liberal,' as if it were something to be ashamed of, something dirty, something to run away from, it won't work because I will pick up that label and I will wear it as a badge of honor.