The dark underbelly of America contains numerous warts, boils, and cancerous tumors, inflicted by that loathsome grimoire of madness that the elected leaders of our nation have become.


Well, I'm FedUp and I'm not taking it any more
!

Friday, January 21, 2011

I Feel As If Im On An Island

I have always considered myself a Democrat because I could NEVER see eye to eye with anything republican. They value greed and corporate interests which is contrary to my personal values.

But the Democrats from Obama on down have not represented my values over the last couple of years either. The so called independent candidates that broke from their parties alliances are fucking jokes and I dont feel ANY of our elected leaders are looking out for the average American. The working middle class.

What I consider to be Americas backbone.

I DO vote and I encourage others to do the same but who TRULY represents the interests of me and my peers? For once I would like to enter a polling place and NOT have to settle on the lesser of the two evils when casting my vote, as I have one in the last several elections.

I need to feel confidence in the electoral process and so do the bulk of the population. Thats why America has such a shitty turnout of voters every god damned election. Most see voting as an exercise in futility and THAT is not the American way.

So where do people like me go to once again gain confidence in our government and more importantly OUR COUNTRY?
.
.
.

No comments:


Liberals got women the right to vote.

Liberals got African-Americans the right to vote.

Liberals created Social Security and lifted millions of elderly people out of poverty.

Liberals ended segregation.

Liberals passed the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act.

Liberals created Medicare.

Liberals passed the Clean Air Act and the Clean Water Act.

What did the ignorant conservatives do?

They opposed them on every one of those things.

Every damn one!

So when you try to hurl that label at my feet, 'Liberal,' as if it were something to be ashamed of, something dirty, something to run away from, it won't work because I will pick up that label and I will wear it as a badge of honor.