The dark underbelly of America contains numerous warts, boils, and cancerous tumors, inflicted by that loathsome grimoire of madness that the elected leaders of our nation have become.


Well, I'm FedUp and I'm not taking it any more
!

Monday, August 25, 2008

A Conversation I Overheard

I was having breakfast at a local diner on Sunday when I overheard an interesting conversation.


There was a group of seniors at a table near me that was complaining about their medical co-pays, prescription costs and, of course, the economy, which then turned to the election.

I assume the majority were Republicans from their remarks over McCain being the best their party had. Then came talk of not voting at all.

Most agreed they wouldn't bother, even though they weren't sure about a black man being president. While I was bothered by the black remarks, I sat smiling as the demographic McCain is relying so heavily upon was slamming him and talking of not voting at all.

That is when one of the old gents stood up, wagging his finger and said, "Listen. This isn't about black and white. It's about good people and bad people. I've voted Republican all my life, but they have screwed us and this country. It's time we show them what's what. I'm voting for the black kid. He's a smart young man and a good person. You should all vote for him too."

It was all I could do not jump up and yell, "Go Grampa!"
GO BAMA!!!
America's next president

No comments:


Liberals got women the right to vote.

Liberals got African-Americans the right to vote.

Liberals created Social Security and lifted millions of elderly people out of poverty.

Liberals ended segregation.

Liberals passed the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act.

Liberals created Medicare.

Liberals passed the Clean Air Act and the Clean Water Act.

What did the ignorant conservatives do?

They opposed them on every one of those things.

Every damn one!

So when you try to hurl that label at my feet, 'Liberal,' as if it were something to be ashamed of, something dirty, something to run away from, it won't work because I will pick up that label and I will wear it as a badge of honor.