The dark underbelly of America contains numerous warts, boils, and cancerous tumors, inflicted by that loathsome grimoire of madness that the elected leaders of our nation have become.


Well, I'm FedUp and I'm not taking it any more
!

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Is Obama Just Like bush???

Speaking of disappointments with the president, I was frankly embarrassed by his recent trotting out of former President Bill Clinton not merely to back up his recent economic deals, but leaving him at the mike to take all questions from the press corps.

His reason for leaving? He had to attend a Christmas party. He was keeping the First Lady waiting, and didn't want to anger her.

I am sure there will be many who belittle or minimize this confusingly silly event. Is it really that big a deal?

Well, to answer this question, imagine how we would feel if George W. Bush, upon having struck an imbecilic tax deal, brought out his father to back him up. He says to the press, "Heh heh, y'all know my dad. He was president once too, and actually, I know that the economy was better in his day than in mine. So, heh heh, I figgered y'all might wanna talk to him. He's got a lot of good stuff to say, and he can answer yer questions. As fer me, heh, I'm keepin' Laura waitin' at a Christmas party, and I don't wanna keep her waitin'. So, I'll see y'all later, and if ya have any questions, my dad will take them." At which point, George H. W. Bush took to the mike alone, a former president answering questions as though he were the current president on myriad political issues of the day.

Just askin'
.
.

No comments:


Liberals got women the right to vote.

Liberals got African-Americans the right to vote.

Liberals created Social Security and lifted millions of elderly people out of poverty.

Liberals ended segregation.

Liberals passed the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act.

Liberals created Medicare.

Liberals passed the Clean Air Act and the Clean Water Act.

What did the ignorant conservatives do?

They opposed them on every one of those things.

Every damn one!

So when you try to hurl that label at my feet, 'Liberal,' as if it were something to be ashamed of, something dirty, something to run away from, it won't work because I will pick up that label and I will wear it as a badge of honor.