The dark underbelly of America contains numerous warts, boils, and cancerous tumors, inflicted by that loathsome grimoire of madness that the elected leaders of our nation have become.


Well, I'm FedUp and I'm not taking it any more
!

Monday, December 20, 2010

For Those That STILL Believe In Obama - A MUST READ!

I am not a cheerleader for a commander in chief, I am his employer - and I damn well will call out the person I am paying if they are not doing the job I am paying them to do. Just like I did for bush.

Don't bury your head in the sand, I am a Democrat for progress as well - and when I don't see progress by those I elected I think it is my duty to call them out. Maybe you think it is your duty to stand by them and make excuses.

Give them the benefit of the doubt, vote for them even when they let me down, campaign for them even when they don't agree with me 100%? Sure thing - but I sure as hell will NEVER sit on my ass and give them a pass if they fail and do not do what it was I hired them to do.

I am against the same things I was before Obama got into office. Maybe you have changed in what you believe in, but I will hold our elected officials now to the same standards I did before.

Obama has kicked ass on some things, and I am DAMNED glad he is the President right now instead of McLame and quitter queen palin. I would take a bad dem over a repug any day of the week - but I won't thrust out my pom-poms in support when the things I support are being thrown under the bus.

We are better off today than we would have been with the opposing party in the WH, but we are not better off than we could have been because some people in the party are not working as hard as we had hoped they would.

I owe it to my principles and to my party to hold the feet of those in power who claim to be progressives to the fire. If you cannot handle criticizing your team when they are not performing well then I don't know what to tell you.

either you are for an ideal, or you are for a person who claims to be a part of your family/party.

I am for the ideal.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x41435
.
.
.

1 comment:

Pariah's Log said...

Hear hear! There was a cartoon of Obama at a poker game. As soon as the cards were dealt, he proclaimed "I fold". Who has told him to cave to the right? Who stopped him from ratcheting the wars down and ending them? Who stopped the agenda and turned it into Bush lite? There is somebody in a smoke filled room that has Obama calling me sanctimonious for wanting our progressive agenda moved forward, and that somebody needs their ass kicked out of the White House.


Liberals got women the right to vote.

Liberals got African-Americans the right to vote.

Liberals created Social Security and lifted millions of elderly people out of poverty.

Liberals ended segregation.

Liberals passed the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act.

Liberals created Medicare.

Liberals passed the Clean Air Act and the Clean Water Act.

What did the ignorant conservatives do?

They opposed them on every one of those things.

Every damn one!

So when you try to hurl that label at my feet, 'Liberal,' as if it were something to be ashamed of, something dirty, something to run away from, it won't work because I will pick up that label and I will wear it as a badge of honor.