The dark underbelly of America contains numerous warts, boils, and cancerous tumors, inflicted by that loathsome grimoire of madness that the elected leaders of our nation have become.


Well, I'm FedUp and I'm not taking it any more
!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

To My Fellow Democrats

There is nothing of "purity" in what I want from Obama (and Democrats in general)!

I need the policies that will stop the slide into poverty for my family and friends.

I am only asking for: what we used to have in this country. Not asking for anything new. Nothing. Not a thing.

I am asking Obama to merely step away from radical Right Wing policies. I want the dis-mantling of the social safety net to cease.

Stepping back from radicalism isn't ideological purity. I am not asking him to get body piercings, ride a Vespa or invite Iggy Pop to the White House.

And the casual, and continual tossing of the "P" word most likely just demonstrates that some here at DU are living in a more privileged America than I am. What's "pure" is the destruction of my blue-collar world.

Some still have the luxury of seeing (the already completed) destruction of that world and the (continuing) destruction of the middle-class as interesting little details in the Grand Game of political sport..

But it may just be a matter of time before y'all are kicked out of your cubicles and join my desperate friends in the endless lines at the Job Center.

Please stop attacking those who are suffering! You don't tri-angulate with destruction and ruin!

Just to be clear. The Democrats that I have defended, voted for, worked
and donated money to stood for the things that Democrats before us accomplished.
 
Things like:

8-hour workday

Social Security

Minimum Wage law

G.I. Bill of Rights

Marshall Plan

NATO

Peace Corps

Medicare

Medicaid

Operation Head Start

Civil Rights Act of 1964

Voting Rights Act of 1965

Water Quality Act

First Man on the Moon

Women's Suffrage Amendment

Worker's Compensation Act

Unemployment Compensation Act

Rural Electrification Act

FDIC

Securities and Exchange Act

Guaranteed Student Loan Program

FMLA

School Lunch Program

Motor Voter Act

Davis-Bacon Act

Yes, these are ACCOMPLISHMENTS that benefited the common person in this country. The ones that ELECTED Democrats fought for and achieved.

I am hereby drawing my line in the sand that ANY Democrat that seeks to dismantle, change, or otherwise corrupt the work that REAL Democrats before them achieved...will NOT get my vote.

I don't care how high of an office they are.

We have never been the party of tearing down...we have always been the party of building.

If you...as an elected Democrat feel the need to tear down rock solid Democratic values, please do us ALL a favor and cross the aisle and join your brethren who ONLY believe in the betterment of the corporations and give US our fucking party back so we can get the real work done and HELP...not HURT.
 
So when you cry foul to the things I post and whine about me not supporting W.bama, a President that I helped elect, I politely say O FUCK YOURSELVES. I do NOT subscribe to your ridiculous hive mentality. I vote based on principles and progressive values.
 
Why the fuck dont you?
 
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1332482
.
.

1 comment:

Laird said...

We are the Peoples Party. We are no longer led by Democrats or Republicans. We are led by the principles that America has stood for since the Civil War; Liberty and Justice for All!!
The fact that we have yet to fulfill the promise of those ...principles only serves to move us in that direction and quicken our step. Those who do not walk with us are trying to break us and turn us against each other. We know those tactics. We know too of the unifying power of Liberty and Justice and they cannot stop us. We will secure these principles even for those who would stand in our way.
We walk the high road. We are the righteous. We have pulled that mantle around us and we are invincible.
Are you mad enough yet? Come, join the movement that seeks true American Values; Liberty and Justice for All.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_142592725778750


Liberals got women the right to vote.

Liberals got African-Americans the right to vote.

Liberals created Social Security and lifted millions of elderly people out of poverty.

Liberals ended segregation.

Liberals passed the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act.

Liberals created Medicare.

Liberals passed the Clean Air Act and the Clean Water Act.

What did the ignorant conservatives do?

They opposed them on every one of those things.

Every damn one!

So when you try to hurl that label at my feet, 'Liberal,' as if it were something to be ashamed of, something dirty, something to run away from, it won't work because I will pick up that label and I will wear it as a badge of honor.