The dark underbelly of America contains numerous warts, boils, and cancerous tumors, inflicted by that loathsome grimoire of madness that the elected leaders of our nation have become.


Well, I'm FedUp and I'm not taking it any more
!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Made In America

Back in the good old days there were the Ford, General Motors and Chrysler.

All made in America.

I can remember even as a kid we all loved our country and we only bought American made products.Back then we didn't want to purchase products coming out of sweat shops, made by underpaid, unappreciated workers from foreign lands. We cared about human conditions but most of all we cared about America.

Our country.

Our people.

Our neighbors, friends and family.



What got me to wondering about this was over hearing a conversation the other day when a man said that he refused to shop at Walmart because he couldn't find anything he needed there that was "Made in the USA". The vast bulk of the products being sold nationwide at Walmart stores are manufactured outside of American borders.

But in all fairness, most other retailers are just as guilty.

I am part of the problem also Looking around my house looking at he products that I use all have origins from manufacturing plants in other countries.

Laptop comuter- China. And if you have the time to look through the owners guide, and read through all the boring bits, you will find a warning stating that handling the power cables will expose you to lead. No joke.

My suit - Syria. Cowboy boots - Mexico. Hiking boots - China. Sneakers (both pair) - China. Dress shoes (Cole Haan) - Mexico. Wrangler denim jeans - Mexico and Costa rica. My road bike - Taiwan. Mountain bike - China.RCA radio - China. Epson all in one printer, on the box you only see a California address. Could it be? Nope - Thailand. Space heater - Italy.Blender - China. Coffee maker - Mexico. Roller blades - China. Coats/Jackets - China, Mexico, and Qiz Jordan. Digital Camera - Japan. Well here is a ray of hope, the pillow I am resting on was filled in the US. The casing was made in China tho. My Springfield Armory 40 cal. SW.Springfield Armory of Geneseo, IL. On the slide it even says Springfield Armory USA. Made in Croatia.

I thought of what company would represent Amrica the best and I immediately thought of Harley-Davidson. Nothing says "USA" like Harley right?

What I found was disturbing.

Harley riding boots - China. Harley gloves - China.The Harley key fob my girlfriend bought for me - China. The tee-shirt I got when I purchased the bike - St. Loius?? Nope, thats where the design was put on the shirt. The shirt was made in Honduras.

This is sad.

Is it even possible to have a totally "Made in the USA" household anymore?

So look around and see what is made here. Let me know what and where I can buy American.
.
.
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose you are to young to remember the liberal left saying we should be a "service" based economy and then set out creating policy and regulations ensuring that company's and corporation's would be forced overseas.

I guess I'm saying it's a little late to start whining you've gotten what you wanted.

Fed Up said...

Gee lookey here.

Another republicunt vomiting forth his delusions without ANY basis in FACT.

Get a life loser.

Anonymous said...

I searched for an American flag that was actually made in America last July 4th. Found it at Ace Hardware. Cost a dollar more than the chinese ones but was well worth it.

As for the stupid republican comment. Unions do not support the outsourcing of jobs to other countries. Never have and never will. Unions are a liberal concept. Get a clue and educate yourself already.


Liberals got women the right to vote.

Liberals got African-Americans the right to vote.

Liberals created Social Security and lifted millions of elderly people out of poverty.

Liberals ended segregation.

Liberals passed the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act.

Liberals created Medicare.

Liberals passed the Clean Air Act and the Clean Water Act.

What did the ignorant conservatives do?

They opposed them on every one of those things.

Every damn one!

So when you try to hurl that label at my feet, 'Liberal,' as if it were something to be ashamed of, something dirty, something to run away from, it won't work because I will pick up that label and I will wear it as a badge of honor.