The dark underbelly of America contains numerous warts, boils, and cancerous tumors, inflicted by that loathsome grimoire of madness that the elected leaders of our nation have become.


Well, I'm FedUp and I'm not taking it any more
!

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Tomorrow

I know, I know.

As a once again proud American citizen, I have to remain vigilant. I have to continue to be alert and never, EVER, allow the events of the last eight years to happen in my country again, to continue to fight for truth, justice and the American way.

But give me just one moment to catch my breath. To breathe in the sweet smell of victory, democracy, opportunity and the feeling that all is right and we, as a country, will heal. After all, American’s are resilient. We can take a licking and keep on ticking.

And we have shown the world that we, as a country will right the wrongs of the last eight years under republican rule.

But when the euphoric smoke clears and I have to embrace the reality of damage done to our country as the 21st century was born, there are things that I must do, as a patriot, to do MY part in restoring America to it former greatness.

Starting tomorrow, I have to speak up for what is right, unwavering in my demands, but today I need just one moment to be soft and quiet, to find forgiveness in places I didn’t see before, to recognize harmony that might exist behind the waning anger of other Fed Up Americans.

Starting tomorrow, I must continue to be strong and unyielding in my sense of purpose, but today I need to surrender to the tears, to be unashamed by my temporary weakness by events both past and present giving me hope, once again, for our future.

Starting tomorrow, I will be a realist, recognizing the battle won does not mean that the war is over. We must all, as a nation, persevere. But today, I will be a dreamer. Having a vision of prosperity in the land of opportunity. Allowing myself the luxury of rest. To dream again for the first time in years.

Starting tomorrow, I will climb the highest peak and shout my indignation towards injustice, doing everything that I can to make my voice heard. But today, I need just one moment to be willfully and happily silent, as I join my fellow men not in the battle cries of the past, but in hope for a future of understanding and peace.

Starting tomorrow, I will recognize the dangers of becoming complacent again. Asleep at the wheel. Being caught completely unaware. But today, I will be blissfully ignorant to the ways of the past and live my day with the happiness of the moment at hand.

Starting tomorrow, I will be grounded and awake enough to see the world as it is and be prepared to do my best to do something about it. But today I will continue to allow myself to dream of a better world, a dream that will never end.

Yes, today I am STILL on a high. The last couple of days have been an emotional write off for me, and I’m sure, many other Fed Up Americans. It’s difficult to think about what’s wrong when so much now seems to be so right.

So I wish you all well my fellow dreamers. Even though I will face what tomorrow will inevitably bring, I will not forget the magic of today.

Starting tomorrow, we will once again be in our battle stations, with our take no prisoners, show no mercy, stop at nothing patriotism.

But today, I will sleep – perchance to dream.

No comments:


Liberals got women the right to vote.

Liberals got African-Americans the right to vote.

Liberals created Social Security and lifted millions of elderly people out of poverty.

Liberals ended segregation.

Liberals passed the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act.

Liberals created Medicare.

Liberals passed the Clean Air Act and the Clean Water Act.

What did the ignorant conservatives do?

They opposed them on every one of those things.

Every damn one!

So when you try to hurl that label at my feet, 'Liberal,' as if it were something to be ashamed of, something dirty, something to run away from, it won't work because I will pick up that label and I will wear it as a badge of honor.