The dark underbelly of America contains numerous warts, boils, and cancerous tumors, inflicted by that loathsome grimoire of madness that the elected leaders of our nation have become.


Well, I'm FedUp and I'm not taking it any more
!

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Death Of Liberty


One reason the United States finds itself at the edge of a foreign policy disaster is its underinformed citizenry, a key weakness in democracy.

First they tortured a U.S. citizen and gang member ...
I remained silent;
I wasn't a criminal

Then they tortured a U.S. citizen, whistleblower and navy veteran ...
I remained silent;
I wasn't a whistleblower

Then they locked up an attorney for representing accused criminals ...
I remained silent;
I wasn't a defense attorney

Then they arrested a young father walking with his son simply because he told Dick Cheney that he disagreed with his policies ...
I remained silent;
I've never talked to an important politician

Then they said an entertainer should be killed because she questioned 9/11 ...
I remained silent;
I wasn't an entertainer

Then they arrested people for demanding that Congress hold the President to the Constitution ...
I did not speak out;
I've never protested in Washington

Then they arrested a man for holding a sign ...
I did not speak out;
I've never held that kind of sign

Then they broke a minister's leg because he wanted to speak at a public event ...
I remained silent;
I wasn't a religious leader

Then they shot a student with a taser gun and arrested him for asking a question of a politician at a public event ...
I remained silent;
I wasn't a student

When they came for me,
Everyone was silent;
there was no one left to speak out.

What's this poem saying?

That we all have to stand up, speak out and take action NOW while we still can. If we do so, we will win the struggle for liberty. If we do not, freedom will die ... just like it did in Nazi Germany.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it is a good post. Linking to reputable news articles detailing the different incidents would make it even more powerful.

Sadly, too many people remain unaware of these events happening in the USA


Liberals got women the right to vote.

Liberals got African-Americans the right to vote.

Liberals created Social Security and lifted millions of elderly people out of poverty.

Liberals ended segregation.

Liberals passed the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act.

Liberals created Medicare.

Liberals passed the Clean Air Act and the Clean Water Act.

What did the ignorant conservatives do?

They opposed them on every one of those things.

Every damn one!

So when you try to hurl that label at my feet, 'Liberal,' as if it were something to be ashamed of, something dirty, something to run away from, it won't work because I will pick up that label and I will wear it as a badge of honor.